Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doubt


Some days when i'm sitting around thinking I start to doubt myself and my calling. I tell myself " I can't be a nun" or " I'm not a nun material". I'm just a simple country girl who has a calling from the Lord. I'm not special enough to be a nun.
When you start doubting yourself and the Lord. Pray and pray ever more! Doubt has been running through my heart and mind all this week. I can't seem to let myself trust Jesus and his love for me. I'm so worried about being rejected or disowned by my family. They are very judgemental of my vocation to the church. I wish they understood it. I just learn to trust Jesus and let God take care of all my needs and wants :)
Remember God calls each one of us and gives us the gifts, abilities and talents to do whatever it is he needs us to do. And I’ve really come to believe that anyone in the religious life has to have an enormous love for family, because most of what we do is about being a family. There is a reason why the church has always used terms like “Father,” “Brother,” “Sister,” and “Mother,” when it comes to those who are called to religious life, because we are all one family. The Church is one family. That’s why when Jesus was talking to his disciples and they were wondering the same thing, “How can we serve you and give up so much like our families that seemed perfectly normal?” Jesus answered them by saying, “And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life.” (Gospel of Matthew 19:29and can also be found in the Gospel of Mark 10:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment